CLASS A (Non Alcoholic) TRUSTEES OF THE NEW ZEALAND GENERAL SERVICE BOARD OF AA INC.
AA GENERAL SERVICE BOARD
The General Service Board of Alcoholics Anonymous is the legal arm of AA., and is composed of both A.A. (Class B) and non-A.A. (Class A) trustees.
The non-alcoholic trustees serving with the A.A. members on the board, do so on a voluntary basis and contribute special skills in several professional fields.
Past Class A Trustees have included members of the medical and nursing professions, accountancy, the Law, researchers, people familiar with the media, as well as those well versed in the general business world.
Class A Trustees are our public face should it become necessary to put AA before the general public in any matter. They are occasionally called upon to chair meetings and committees, to speak at Regional Forums and take formal roles at major Conventions.
Alcoholics Anonymous seek Class A Trustees with:
- a depth of governance and contextual experience to be able to actively participate in Board decision-making
- governance and experience at board level with knowledge of (one or more of) the Medical, Legal, Justice, Education, Science, Research and Youth sectors is desirable.
- an active interest in and contribution to community-based organisations during their careers.
- a proven track record in their own fields
- a demonstrated interest in Alcoholics Anonymous, and some experience in working with AA and its members.
Nominations for Class A Trustees are taken throughout the year, with the appointment process commencing 1 August each year.
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT:
Class A Trustees serve for three consecutive years with the option of serving a further three-year period subject to Conference approval followed by Board election.
HOW TO EXPRESS AN INTEREST IN SERVING AS A CLASS A TRUSTEE
In the first instance contact our General Service Office (GSO) in Wellington . They can arrange to put you in contact with board members and the other Class A Trustees should you wish to discuss the role further.
Ph. 04 4724250
Mail PO Box 6458, Wellington 6141